Hello again! This post is a book tag comparing The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. I have read and loved both of these series so I am excited to answer the questions! I tag any lover of Cassandra Clare's books to do this tag!
1. Favorite main character: Clary or Tessa?
This is a hard question for me. I am going to have to go with Tessa because I immediately loved her whereas it took my a while to love Clary.
2. Favorite Herondale: Jace or Will?
This is another hard question! For this one, I am going to choose Jace. I love Jace and Wil almost equally, but Jace is just a little bit above Will in my mind.
3. Favorite love triangle: Simon/Clary/Jace or Will/Tessa/Jem?
Definitely Will/Tessa/Jem. I really wasn't a fan of the whole Simon and Clary relationship so it wasn't even a love triangle to me. On the other hand, the Will/Tessa/Jem love triangle was a really great element to The Infernal Devices and was actually a good love triangle.
4. Better villain: Sebastian or the Magister?
I'm going to go with Sebastian for this one. Both of these choices are evil but I think Sebastian takes the gold for this question.
5. Better army: The Dark Army or The Clockwork Army?
Wow. This is yet another difficult question. The Dark Army is terrifying and wear the faces of people you may have known. The Clockwork Army is also petrifying and they are next to impossibe to kill. So, I am going to have to call this one a tie.
6. Better first book: City of Bones or Clockwork Angel?
Okay, finally, an easy question. Clockwork Angel without a doubt. City of Bones was really hard for me to get into but with Clockwork Angel I was able to jump right in and start loving the series!
7. Better female sidekick: Isabelle Lightwood or Cecily Herondale?
This is definitely going to have to go to Isabelle. It's not that I don't love Cecily, I just really love the element that Isabelle brings to the series.
8. Better setting: The New York Institute or The London Institute?
Hm... I am not quite sure I'd like to live in either of the institutes but, if I have to pick, I would rather live in The New York Institute.
9. Better last book: City of Heavenly Fire or Clockwork Princess?
This is yet another hard question. Both books broke my heart at some point or another but I was more satisfied with the ending of City of Heavenly Fire so I am going to have to say that City of Heavenly Fire is the better last book.
10. Better final epilogue: City of Heavenly Fire or Clockwork Princess?
As I stated above, I was more satisfied with the ending of CoHF. I really loved both endings but City of Heavenly Fire comes out on top!
I decided to not include the tie in the calculation of points so this is out of 9 instead of 10.
TMI: 6 points
TID: 3 points
by L.J. Smith
Goodreads 2018: 36/100