I was nominated by Alaina at An Infinite Book World to do The Sunshine Blogger Award (banner credit also goes to her because she makes gorgeous banners)! Thank you so much for nominating me! Definitely go check out her answers and blog because she is super sweet and amazing!
-Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their post
-Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new blogs to recieve the award and write them 11 new questions
-List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award in your post and/or on your blog
1. Who or what was your inspiration for starting your blog?
My inspiration for starting my blog was Katy from the Lux series' blog. Up until then, I had no idea that book blogging was even a thing. After reading that, I wanted to be able to share my love of books just like Katy. So, Shoshi Reads was born!
2. What is something you swear by doing everyday?
Hmm... something I swear by doing everyday is probably doing some sort of reading related thing, whether it be blogging, posting on my bookstagram, or just reading.
3. Besides a bookstore, what are some of your other favorite stores to shop at?
Haha, does Starbucks count? If not, some of my other favorite stores to shop at are Francesca's and Sephora.
4. Are you a coffee drinker? If so, what is your usual Starbucks order?
I definitely am a coffee drinker. As for my usual order, it depends on the season/weather. In the summer, I prefer either iced coffee (with cream and sugar) or a smores frappuccino. In the winter, I usually go for a hot coffee (with cream and sugar)!
5. What is one book that you couldn't live without?
One book that I couldn't live without would have to be Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is the first book of my favorite series (Lux) and I couldn't live without re-reading it.
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Actually, I am neither. I prefer evening time (between 5-8 p.m.).
7. Where do you tend to do the majority of your reading?
I do the majority of my reading on my couch. I am one of those people that can't read in bed because they fall asleep. So, I go for the next best thing, my couch!
8. Are there any movies that you love so much that you would re-watch them?
I am not a huge movie person, so there aren't really any movies that I would want to re-watch.
9. Are there any book bloggers that you look up to? If so, shout them out!
Actually one book blogger I really look up to is my good friend Alaina (An Infinite Book World). Her blog is absolutely wonderful. I love all of the posts that she writes. She recently reached 100 followers on her blog and I am so happy for her because she really deserves it!
10. Who are some authors that you dream of meeting?
Some authors that I would love to meet are Sarah J. Maas, Cassandra Clare, and Diana Gabaldon.
11. What is your favorite part of blogging?
My favorite part of blogging is getting to interact with other book lovers. I don't keep in contact with too many, but the bloggers that I do talk to are so sweet and friendly. I also really love sharing my love of books with everyone else!
Here are the people that I am tagging to do this award:
-Jaelynn over at Jaelynn's Books
-Lorilin over at Bug Bug Book Reviews
-Elise over at Roaming Reader
-Ash and Lo over at Windowsill Books
-Laura over at Snazzy Books
-Lisa over at Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews
-Bex over at Books with Bex
-Pearl over at Pages of Pearl
-Mandy over at Book Princess Review
-Alex over at Alex's Charming Books
-Kris over at Bookish Rambles
These are my questions:
1. What is your favorite thing about reading?
2. What is your favorite T.V. show?
3. What is one thing that you can't live without (books or other items)?
4. How many books do you own (ebooks and physical)?
5. When did you start your blog?
6. Besides reading and blogging, what are your other interests?
7. Do you drink anything while you read?
8. Who are your favorite book bloggers or booktubers?
9. What book have you re-read the most?
10. Do you have a pet? If so, what animal and what is their name?
11. How much bookish merchandise do you have?
by L.J. Smith
Goodreads 2018: 36/100